31 May 2006

No AC :(

First, yes it was the hottest temps in the country today here in DC. A whopping 96 degrees. Bad news -- AC still not really cooling, Good News - I am getting a brand new AC/Heating Unit June 15th.

Lance (my ex -husband) got a fantastic promotion today at work. It almost seems like karma because it is right before the kids come down for the summer with him. It will be more money, day hours and no weekend work. I am so glad that he is doing well....and also somewhat sad that it never came to be while he lived here in NoVA but he is a Mississippi boy at heart.

Onto other thoughts...I downloaded the a free trial of RRS. It is really awesome to be able to get all your news and blogs in one place without having to jump from webpage to webpage. The one for mac is Net NewsWire

Very cool site.

I did try out and get an account on corkd

I am Vawinelover and I have already written one review :) In case you don't know Corkd is a free, web-based service that makes it simple to review and share wine.
The just started up about a week ago and already had 4000 members. You can become drinking buddies online. :) Not real drinking buddies but friends with other people that like trying good wines.

No comments: