22 June 2006

NOVA ..Home to some really cool people

My friend Waj is leaving in a few days for to Israel and Palestine in a few days. Yes, she going to the Holy Land! No, she is not converting or starting a llama farm.

She will be interning with Panorama - the Palestinian Center for the Dissemination of Democracy & Community Development, an NGO based in Ramallah. The good news is that she be living in Jerusalem. The bad news is that she will have to pass through checkpoints to and from work. It should be very interesting to say the least!

If you want to read her blog ...go here
Waj's Blog

She is one of the coolest and funniest people I know. I am sure her blog will be entertaining. :)

In more good news...Adam was promoted to shift manager at Starbucks. Whee !! I am very proud of him. He will be training like crazy the next few weeks before he leaves for Mississippi. In August when he returns he will get his DL. I can't believe he will be driving. I am going to have him a car by then. It is both thrilling and scary as hell to think he will be driving be himself. Besides taking Behind the Wheel I am also signing him up for a defensive driving course.

Katy, Gabe and Bri leave for Mississippi Sunday. I know Lance is very ready to see all of them. I hope that Katy does not get too homesick this summer. This wil be the longest they have ever been away. I am both ready for a break and nervous that they wil be so far away. Lance is a great dad so I don't have to worry but when you are a Mom you always do. :)

I am almost finished with my latest National Geographic book...I expect this one to sell quite well and get good reviews. God knows our team has worked our asses off on this project. Garrett is going to take us all to Georgis Brown's when we are done. Whee !!

Ok..back to work......

No comments: