29 June 2007

Emily Catherine Smith DiLisio, 35, died June 23, 2007, in Hattiesburg. She was born in Brookhaven on Nov. 23, 1971, to Philip E. Smith Sr. and Phyllis Bonfiglio Hobbs. In 1989 she graduated from Brookhaven High School and was named the Brookhaven Lions Club Water Carnival Queen. She attended Copiah-Lincoln Community College and the University of Southern Mississippi. She was a 1991 graduate of Pensacola Junior College, with an associate degree in computer networking. She served in the United States Navy. She was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Hattiesburg.

Survivors are her father and stepmother, Philip E. Smith Sr. and Minda Smith, of Dubai, United Arab Emirates; her mother and stepfather, Phyllis Hobbs and Russell Hobbs, of Hattiesburg; her son, Noah Steven DiLisio, of Hattiesburg; her daughter, Ashleigh Faith DiLisio, of Hattiesburg; her brothers, Philip E. Smith Jr. and wife Michelle Smith, of Brookhaven, and Sean Philip Smith and Tomas Herman Smith, both of Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and her sister, Jennifer Leigh Davis Heffner and husband Mike Heffner, of Reston, Va.

2 comments:

kelleygirl76 said...

Hello - you don't know me at all, but I wanted to post my condolences about Emily. She and I went to PJC together and we became really good friends in 98 and 99 - when Ashleigh was born in July 99, I had the extreme privilege of visiting her in the NICU at sacred heart and I got to hold her!! Emily and I spent much time together studying, and hanging out - one thing I didn't like at all was Anthony and I was very happy when she started to get away from him. I felt bad for both her and the kids and I know she had a lot of problems in her life that she needed to work through. The last time I saw Emily was at my baby shower when I was pregnant with my youngest son. After that, we kind of lost touch...I missed her and thought of her often, and I had heard that she had moved back to Hattiesburg with her mother. Emilys spunk always impressed me, she was such a lively person and I missed her often....I never did get back in touch with her. Recently, I had seen in the paper that she had died, and I was absolutely shocked. I didn't feel I knew her mom very well, so I didn't want to intrude on the family - I would like to know what happened to her....if you don't mind telling me....I only wish I had kept in touch with her.... I am so sorry for your family and Noah and Ashleigh....I am grateful that they got some memories with their wonderful mother that they will treasure for a lifetime!!!

VApokergirl said...

Kelley -- Please email me at photojenn33@aol.com. I would love to call and talk with you. We all miss Em so much ! And yes you have it right on -- she had amazing spunk !

Best -- Jennifer