01 July 2007

We are back......

After a very, very long week in Mississippi and several flight delays we are back. Emily's funeral was unbelievably moving and sad. My good friend Kelly Green did the music and every time I would hear his voice sing it would make me feel better. Emily played and loved the guitar so he played his during the mass.

During a time like this you
realize how fragile life is and how incredible your parents are. I saw amazing strength and love in my Mom and Dad. I loved my children with my while heart and soul so I can't even imagine how hard this is for them. Yet, they both seem to find much comfort knowing my sister was finally at peace. Even though Emily and I had are differences at times and I didn't agree with the way she sometimes lived her life I am going to miss her terribly. She is my only sister.

She was zany, beautiful, smart and very outgoing. I will miss hearing her voice and seeing her do kooky faces. I will also miss the silly nicknames she gave everyone she knew and loved. It is funny -- we both ended up giving some part of each other to our daughters -- Ashliegh, my niece, is named for my middle name Leigh and Katy is named Kathleen -- which is the Irish form for Catherine, for Emily's middle name. I know my neice, Ashleigh, 7, and my nephew, Noah, 9, will grow up now without their mom. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

With that being said I really good not have made it through the week without the support of my husband (as of two weeks now) Mike. He was a source of stabily and strength for me.And helped me laugh when I needed it most. My friends and family love him even more than they did. My children were also a wonderful comfort for both me, their grandparents and cousins.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

No comments: