31 October 2007

Halloween and M&M

You know they say after a loved one dies that the first holidays without them are the hardest. Most would think Christmas but not Halloween. But, I am finding this Halloween very hard without Em around.

You see my sister LOVED Halloween -- she loved the candy -- did I say she loved the candy ? That is one of the reasons why her nickname was M&M.

And all the dressing up. Once she was a Mom she loved getting Ashleigh and Noah dressed up.

I can remember all the crazy customs we dressed up as kids. We would walk down to "new neighbors" house and she would be dressed as a crazy witch and give us tons of candy. My mom would make candy apples, that we loved, and popcorn balls. Emily, Philip and I would go out with my Aunt Kathy along with Brad, Chad and Valerie. What fun we had !

I know this sounds silly but when I was home in Brookhaven I went by her grave and decorated with Halloween flowers with little spiders. Then I left her some Jolly Ranchers and a Blow Pop. Some of her favorites. :)

Happy Halloween to all and be safe -- And Em -- Happy Halloween to you too ! Miss you !

No comments: