21 May 2007

Don't worry...be happy

You know the T-shirts...I see people wearing them all the time...they say Life Is Good. The people wearing them are usually happy, go-lucky people that don't see the dark side ever time they look in the mirror. I secretly love those t-shirts. I would love to wear one and let the world know...you know what....Life is Good. Even when life has it bad days it is still pretty darn good. Of course..then I would have another friend telling me that I am such a "f---ing optimist". :) Like optimism is a bad thing. I guess it is those happy Irish genes that bring it out in me. So blame my genetics.

I saw a very good friend today and thought for a moment... when was the last time I saw him smile ? Was it a week ago, two weeks ? I hope to god I never go more than 24 hours without something to smile and be grateful about. It is depressing just thinking about being that unhappy and worried.

So ....for you pessimists out there....here are some "f----ing" optimistic quotes that might make you think about the happy side of life...and believe...even for a short time..that Life is Good. :)

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.”

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”

“In the long run, the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip.”


"If you observe a really happy man, you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his child, growing double dahlias or looking for dinosaur eggs in the Gobi Desert. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that had rolled under the radiator, striving for it as a goal in itself. He will have become aware that he is happy in the course of living life twenty-four crowded hours of each day."

No comments: