18 July 2007

Amazing people, amazing world

I have been amazed how many people have hit my blog through Google and read about Emily. Many were friends of hers I didn't even know. Today, one of her friends, Kelley, who I have never met send me a comment through the blog. It is great to read about how many people loved and cared for my little sister. (And Kelly -- if you read this look at your comment - I sent a reply).

Out of the blue, I got a card in the mail Tuesday from one of my and Emily's closest friends and neighbor growing up -- Kim Cockern. I have not seen or heard from Kim in 20 years but it was so nice getting that from her.

I came across 3 text messages on my phone that Emily sent me the end of May. They all sounds so positive and upbeat...and in everyone she ended them with ...I Love You. I can't bear to part with any of them and I forwarded them to my email address so I will always have them.

This time a month ago we were talking on the phone -- she asked me about Mike and the kids, told me the latest saga in her life...nothing major. Just Em being Em.

Emily would be surprised and thrilled to know that so many people loved and cared about her. And miss her..... I know I miss her. :)

You know, so many people have asked me how I am doing. Most days I am fine. There are times when I see something that reminds me of Emily and I get sad but mostly I try to remind myself that she is at peace and in a better place. I know she is watching over Ashleigh and Noah ...and I am sure also keeping an eye out for Gabe, Katy, Adam and Bri. (Photo in the blog is of her and Adam -- she loved being an aunt) When I think of that... it makes me feel better. Thanks Em ! And we all love you !

No comments: