08 July 2006

Adam's New Car

Leap forward 17 years from MAY 1989 and now instead of a new baby boy I am about to give birth to a teenage driver. I am excited and scared out of my mind all at the same time.

Tomorrow Adam, Mike and I drive to Charlottesville, Va to pick up Adam's Jeep Cheerkee. And I have to say I am very proud of my son because he has worked his ass off at Starbucks to pay for this car. It is a 1996 Jeep Cheerkee Country -- dark green, 4 door with a 4 wheel drive. It has had one owner (my next door neighbors daughter) and has been very well maintained.

Adam leaves for Mississippi on Sunday so he only get to drive it one day but hey that's ok because he wil not get his DL until the middle of August. He has more than 50 hours of driving with me or another adult plus he is taking Behind the Wheel right now so i feel good that he will be a safe driver. Plus since he paid for the car and he is paying his insurance I feel pretty good that he will be a excellent driver.

Since Adam has no DL yet I am driving with him back to VA while the other Mike drives my car back.

The good news in all of this is Erica (who we are buying from) lives right near three great VA wineries I have been wanting to try out. So, we drive down, grab some sandwiches, try some wine (Adam get cokes) and make a day of it.

I talked to Katy and Gabe last night..they seem to be bored but having an OK time in Mississippi. I miss them so much !! I can't wait until they get back.

Last -- I crossed out two items on my summer to do list that i got done. 28 more to go. :)

No comments: