17 July 2006

Wow and Double Wow...Mike won a seat in the World Series of Poker

Wow! Can I say that again ? Mike won a seat last night to the World Series of Poker main event. In case any of you does not know what that means.....trust me..it is a big deal. Of the thousands, and thousands of poker player (both amature and professional) that play very few make it to this.

It makes my little poker winning in the local free tournaments look like well...not much.

Mike is a very smart and skilled player. He beat around 3000 players online to win spot in this.

He has to play with more than 7000 players to make it to the final table in the WSOP. But, we all have to have a little dreamer in us some times. And it is better odds than the lottery.

Just so happens we were going to be on vacation during that time so it works out ok. And the wonderl, wonderful people I work for are going to allow me to work remotely so I can stay out there and cheer him on..and be the social planner and goofer. :)

Mike has started a blog on AOL so if you want to read more....

DonkeysAlwaysDraw

No comments: