16 July 2006

A date with a swingset







WOW! Mike and I finally moved the HUGE swingset I bought from Alex and Steve. Talk about a day.

First, we go pick up the uhaul from a place in Leesburg called Bargin Buddies. This is no Avis. The cars and uhauls they had for rent look liked they had been in a Friday night stockcar race. The women/man (who could tell) that rent it to us said that homeless lives in the uhauls at night.

So, Mike drives the uhaul. Alex and Steve live in Lucketts . Which is very beautiful but way, far away from DC. The road they live on is a very, very country road with many bumps and hairpin turns. On the way back I kept have visions of the uhaul turning over while driving down that road.

Anyway...all and all it was a pretty ok day. Steve had several of his friends come out and help us. Alex made wonderful burgers and veggies for lunch. She and Steve have the most amazing house. Wide front porch, lots of open space. I would love to clone it and have one for myself.

For now... the swingset lives in pieces in the side of the yard until I move out to Herndon/Chantilly area next summer.

No comments: